Mmbfc2

How to set up hotspot on iPhone 4s

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone hotspot
Not applicable

How to Make Your iPhone a Hotspot: 12 Steps (with Pictures)

Secondly read your owners manual, that is why Apple places it on your device. Most if not all questions can be found there.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

How to Make Your iPhone a Hotspot: 12 Steps (with Pictures)

Secondly read your owners manual, that is why Apple places it on your device. Most if not all questions can be found there.

Good Luck

0 Likes
ZeeRoeCool

Unless Verizon blocks the built in software on your iPhone because you are not paying for the Share Everything" plan. Which by the way the FCC ordered Verizon to stop doing, but continues to do so.

How I share my iPhone’s Internet connection (without paying Verizon extra) | Ars Technica

It's not unlimited, so let me use my data how I want!

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am going to go out on a limb here and assume the original poster wanted the settings to use the hot spot.

I cannot say the use as a free be under any regulation was what they were asking.

If that was the case, they would have replied back to their original post.

0 Likes
ZeeRoeCool

@Elector, I am sure they are not the only one here reading this. I came here looking for answers.
If they do not have the one of the upgraded plans, the settings you linked to are unavailable and useless.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The links I provided? I gave one link to wikihow and it works fine for me.

Maybe its on your end.

The enable hotspot is really not a chore. It is in your phones owners manual (via the browsers book marks) or via http://www.apple.com/support

Just type in owners manual.

Simple process if you have one of the Verizon plans that include hot spot you need only turn on in the settings.

If you do not have it, you simply call *611 or 1-800-922-0204 and customer service will add it on your account.

It can also be added on via the web portal http://www.verizonwireless.com

Cannot be any easier.

You looking for a way to get free hot spot is really not an issue that should be answered here.

Good Luck

0 Likes
ZeeRoeCool

You just reiterated the problem:  "The enable hotspot is really not a chore. It is in your phones owners manual (via the browsers book marks) or viahttp://www.apple.com/support"

You are absolutely right, it is a function already built right into the phone, but is being blocked.
And I have called Verizon, they will not unlock without a fee.

By all the run around you are giving me, I am guessing you work for Verizon.

What's free? , I pay a monthly bill that states I receive 2GB of data. Yet I am unable to use the data however I want.
Which is exactly what the FCC fined Verizon for. If you do not know anything about the ruling, then don't comment on it.

My response was only to detail that your solution does not work for everyone.

P.S. I am done with your inability to listen to the problem or offer a complete solution, so there will be no further responses from me.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It is you that does not understand. First you are or should be talking about teathering without benefit of having it enabled without payment. Verizon wireless allows the hot spot to be used only on certain plans. Not all.

The decision you are referring to no longer applies. There are many forum members who complained in the past. Verizon and other carriers stopped free access.

However Free hotspot teathering is limited on T-Mobile and Verizon charges $30 for 2Gb of hot spot data. If your plan does not include it. All carriers get money for hot spot teathering.

Its a business decision. Your 2GB is for cell phone use. If you want or need more you will be charged for it.

And no I do not work for Verizon wireless.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

So did you decide to move to the me plan for free phs or just add the feature?

0 Likes