iPhone problems!! And 4 months until I am able to upgrade.
okiejoe86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am fed up with my iPhone.  I will start with the issues...

1- When I attempt to send text messages to friends, both droid and iPhone owners, they will take forever to send.  When I say forever, I am talking 10 minutes up to 6 or more hours.  It doesn't matter if I am in a wifi area or not.  and my wifi can be turned on or off.  The "sending" bar ontop of the screen will scroll to the right as it sends, then stop... and never move.

2- Same as first concern but with receiving texts.  My friends will text me, again both from droids and iPhones, and I wont receive them sometimes for a long time.  10 minutes to a few hours.  When I do happen to receive them, my phone will explode with text alerts all at the same time.  I live in town and I have never had reception problems.  I can be outside or inside when this happens.  I have tried to reset my network settings.  sometimes it seems like it helps, sometimes it does not.

3- When people call me, my phone doesn't ring.  It will go straight to "Missed Call' status.  My friends say that it will sometimes ring once, sometimes go straight to voicemail, sometimes ring normal.

4- When I call people the screen will freeze and I cannot hang up.

These problems do not happen at all times.  Only occasionally throughout the day.  Some more often then others.  The texting issue happens more often then the others.  I have taken my phone to Verizon and they recommended me to go to an Apple store.  Apple store employee told me to do a complete phone reset.  I did, problem still present.  I asked the Verizon store if I could upgrade early, but he said "No".   My phone is eligible for an upgrade in 4 months.  I really do not want to deal with these annoying problems until then.  They all seem to have started after the first big iOS7 upgrade.

Any help would be nice before I chuck my phone at the wall!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone problems!!   And 4 months until I am able to upgrade.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can only imagine how aggravated you must be, okiejoe86. We want to put an end to that behavior, too (without dashing your iPhone against the wall). Since you've already processed a reset, the issues you're having with calls and messages might not be your device. Can you describe that reset to me? Did you do a full factory reset that required you to reload your contacts and other personal data? Has your device ever been replaced under warranty or insurance? Is the device damaged now?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
okiejoe86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done the complete factory reset twice, and the network setting reset multiple times.  I have had to upload all my contacts and music back onto my phone with both factory resets.  never replaced under warranty or insurance.  Device is not damaged. Thankyou for the reply!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

okiejoe86, thanks for the details. We want to make sure that you have a great working device. Since there is no physical/liquid damage we can get the device replaced under warranty. For me to start that process can you please accept my request to follow you. Then, please request to follow me back. Once we are following with each other you can send us a Direct Message http://vz.to/1fbIKzK . I hope to hear from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
okiejoe86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have taken my phone to Verizon and Apple, and both have said the phone is no longer under warranty.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone problems!! And 4 months until I am able to upgrade.
okiejoe86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Soo... whats the plan??  It has been 4 days...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's resolve this ASAP, okiejoe86! Were you able send KevinR a direct message? If not, please do so, so we can research your information.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
okiejoe86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried, it still says "awaiting approval"

0 Likes
Re: iPhone problems!! And 4 months until I am able to upgrade.
rcschnoor
Legend

Did you send the "Follow" request to Verizon Wireless Customer Support or to robind_vzw? The first one is a generic, unmonitored catch all which Verizon reps log in to on this forum so they all have the same userID. It is EXTREMELY misleading especially since these reps ask you to follow them WITHOUT giving a link to their userID in order to follow them. If you sent the request to the Verizon Wireless Customer Support userID, it will sit there unanswered indefinitely. You will never get an answer from them. You must send the "Follow" request to robind_vzw before they will accept your request. Did they send you a "Follow" request???

0 Likes
okiejoe86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I followed the generic one.  oops.  Thanks for the reply, I "followed" Robind_vzw