Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iPhone will no longer send email from my verizon email address, says outgoing user or pass is incorrect. It had been working fine before this, nothing was changed.
vzblues

iPhone will no longer send email from my verizon email address, says outgoing user or pass is incorrect. It had been working fine before this, nothing was changed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone will no longer send email from my verizon email address, says outgoing user or pass is incorrect. It had been working fine before this, nothing was changed.
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello vzblues,

Though I hope your issue has been resolved since posting, I would like to make sure. What type of email account is it? You mentioned it is a Verizon email, so I assume verizon.net? I would recommend removing the email account and re-adding it to the device. This helps reset the email account and allows it to sync again. Here is a link that provides the steps on how to complete this.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3899

Please post back with your results, and have a good day!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: iPhone will no longer send email from my verizon email address, says outgoing user or pass is incorrect. It had been working fine before this, nothing was changed.
vzblues

I did remove the account and then added back in. Then the incoming would not accept user or pass so I did it again. It started working again but continually loaded old deleted emails, I had to delete at least 500 that kept coming back. Some would not delete easily, I had to open and delete and then a new email with "no Subject" and "no Message" would come through dated12/16/69. They finally just disappeared. It seems Verizon should be able to confirm correct server port #'s but I had no luck with them. Do you have a recommendation for incoming/outgoing server ports. Yes, it's a verizon.net address. Thx!

0 Likes
vzmisery

This same exact problem just began afflicting me earlier today.  My vaunted iPhone 4S receives my AOL emails, but it now won't send.  An error message says that the smpt is invalid, that my account name and password are incorrect, and finally, that the recipient is not accepting emails because their email system does not allow some sort of play-back...whatever.

I did nothing different with my 45-day-old iPhone.

What happened?

I did try all of the things that others have tried, with no success.

Any other suggestions?

I am disgusted.

0 Likes