iPhone4 HomeButton Not Working & Voice Cntrl Keeps Popping Up
Draydeen

Yesterday my home button stopped working & the Voice Control (not voice over) keeps popping up.  This happened 3 other times this year.  I've backed it up in iTunes, and every time I try to restore it, it just keeps telling me it see's a phone in recovery mode.  This is the most frustrating thing in the world to deal with right now.

Does anyone have any advice before I just throw it against a wall?  Seriously I would if I weren't expecting an important call.

In the meantime, I went to Settings/General/Accessibility and turned on the Assistive Touch so I now have a stupid little make believe home button floating around on my screen to atleast help me temporarily with the Home Button not working issue...

Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone4 HomeButton Not Working & Voice Cntrl Keeps Popping Up
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you still under the manufacturer's warranty? If so you can either contact Apple or go to your local Apple store...or you can go through VZW. If you aren't still under warranty and you don't have any extended warranty or insurance programs that you are enrolled in then you may have to pay to have the issue repaired...again, you can visit an Apple store to see what your options are. You can also check locally for any repair shops that work on Apple products to see what can be done and how much it may cost.

0 Likes
Vell843
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try this, it worked for me when my home button was giving me trouble: Its a hardware issue that Apple overlooked. Try this work around to save money. Plug your iPhone USB cable into the phone (No need to plug the other end to anything) and grip the part right where it is plugged into the phone. Slightly bend it up towards the screen, just a little (You might even hear a click) and presto! This is guaranteed to work most of the time. If it doesn't, you need a new Home Button then.

0 Likes
Bathgate66

i took my iphone4 to apple store after the home button malfunctioned.

they gave me a new iphone and did all the data transfer .

0 Likes
cutesaraj

A little late here but if you're still facing the issue there are a couple of things you can try.

From what you've said about Voice Control popping up, it looks like yours is a completely hardware issue. So all those gimmicks about software recalibration might not work. You should check out http://www.igeeksblog.com/iphone-home-button-not-working/ where there are some fixes for an unresponsive home button.

Alternatively, you can try whacking the back of the phone (right behind the home button, with your knuckle) and check if that fixes the thing temporarily.

The best thing would be to get to the Apple Store and let the guys fix it. Even if it costs money... because that way, you get the issue sorted or at least know where you stand.

0 Likes