iPhone4 stopped working
theduncans1989

Hello. I have an iPhone 4 with insurance that is covered by Asurion. When I bought the phone the employee did not explain the cost of a replacement phone and when I broke my phone I had to pay more than I thought it was going to be. But now my iPhone 4 just completly shut off. I feel like I should get a new one for free because it just does not work and will not turn on. Can I and how can I get a free one? Thanks.

Ben Duncan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone4 stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey theduncan1989!

It's no fun when your phone breaks, it feels like your'e totally disconnected from the world! I'm glad you had the equipment insurance for the phone, and was able to get a replacement. Just to let you know, Asurion (the insurance company that is used) offers a warranty on the devices they send. I recommend contacting them and inquiring about the situation(888-881-2622) in order to use the warranty. This is a way for Asurion to get you a replacement at no cost.

I would also like to discuss the portion of your post that mentions the cost for the replacment device when using Asurion. Insurance for a phone is like a scaled-down version of insurance for let's say, your vehicle. There is a monthly premium that is paid, and if a claim is made, there is a portion of the cost that comes out of pocket. Here is a link that explains all of the information. It will assist you, as well as other customers. http://bit.ly/Pp75DF

Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes