Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imessage troubles
gt119986

i am texting a friend who has an iphone and is on vacation across the country. I sent an imessage from my phone and it didn't deliver. then was "sent as a text message". My question is what is the likelihood that this message was actually received or not received, as i cannot tell? AND is there a way to find out via my network provider if the message went through as i have already researched the device and there is no way to tell straight from that? i am not going to resend the message or call to see if it worked as to not appear desparate, but i am paranoid that the text wasn't received because i have not heard back (which i usually do) and i have had technology difficulties affect previous relationships of mine in the past as a result of misinformation. i know, i know, my actions are indeed desperate, but i just want to know if there is anything i can do. i wish phone conversations/voicemail was still the norm for communication Smiley Happy any answer is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: imessage troubles
Not applicable

gt119986 wrote:

i am texting a friend who has an iphone and is on vacation across the country. I sent an imessage from my phone and it didn't deliver. then was "sent as a text message". My question is what is the likelihood that this message was actually received or not received, as i cannot tell? AND is there a way to find out via my network provider if the message went through as i have already researched the device and there is no way to tell straight from that? i am not going to resend the message or call to see if it worked as to not appear desparate, but i am paranoid that the text wasn't received because i have not heard back (which i usually do) and i have had technology difficulties affect previous relationships of mine in the past as a result of misinformation. i know, i know, my actions are indeed desperate, but i just want to know if there is anything i can do. i wish phone conversations/voicemail was still the norm for communication Smiley Happy any answer is appreciated.

There was an article at DSL Reports of iMessage and Facetime being down and it was affecting people in different ways.

iMessage does not go through Verizon. It is an Apple feature that does not count towards your text limits if you pay for text messages. the service may be up or may be still down I think there is a service check at http://www.apple.com at the worst end of the spectrum look at the apple forums and see if your issue is being addressed.

Good Luck

0 Likes
gt119986

But what about when it defaults to a text message due to a person being out of range or for other reasons? is this sent through verizon in these cases? i just want to know the likelihood of the text message (not imessage) actually being delivered, and if there is a way to find out (there was no "message not received" message)

0 Likes
Not applicable

gt119986 wrote:

But what about when it defaults to a text message due to a person being out of range or for other reasons? is this sent through verizon in these cases? i just want to know the likelihood of the text message (not imessage) actually being delivered, and if there is a way to find out (there was no "message not received" message)

I am going to assume if you seen no fault message then it was delivered. In your account at My Verizon after a certain time you can view text messages you sent (iMessages probably not). You then can send another imessage to this person to verify that iMessage is working again. Personally when ever I send an iMessage it shows as blue. A regular text shows grey on my iphone. Of course you can always test iMessage with a friend who has another iPhone. I don't think it matters if the iPhone user is in the state or across the country. Apple delivers iMessages.

0 Likes