Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
international use
nogates

I just bought a iphone 4s on ebay.
It is lock to verizon but for now i live in Canada and can't activate my phone and would want to use it in Canada.

how should it be done if i can't have a verizon service since i'm not in usa?
Should moove in state next year....

thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: international use
ttipgem

You need to get it unlocked.  Verizon will not unlock it for you unless you are an active Verizon customer.

Search out a third party unlocker and purchase an unlocking code from them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem

You need to get it unlocked.  Verizon will not unlock it for you unless you are an active Verizon customer.

Search out a third party unlocker and purchase an unlocking code from them.

0 Likes
MustafaSepici

I have an Verizon account, and sim card too. I live 7 month in Turkey and 5 month in USA. I can't use my phone in Turkey with verizon sim card and also Turkish Carrier sim card cause my phone doesn't simfree. I mean its locked from Verizon.

I called Global Service yesterday. She says it's ok, your phone is unlocked now and you can use your phone with any sim card the way you want. I asked her to -"Should I restoring my device from itunes?" and she says, no not need to restore your device.

And now, I am not able to use my verizon or Turkish Carrier sim card in my phone. The "No Service" text on corner of the phone screen. What must I do?

Message was edited by: Mustafa Sepici

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MustafaSepici, that sounds very exciting to live in Turkey for five months per year. You will need to reactivate that device by connecting to iTunes. Do you have access to WiFi? Here's the steps on how to activate that device on our network in the U.S. http://vz.to/17L81ef

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes