Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ios 8 messed our phones up
Arussell1786

ever since we updated our phones to iOS 8 the battery life, sounds, and random shut offs. Battery is dead in a day mostly on standby. Volume bar doesn't show on the volume pop up and won't play sounds. Alarm Sounds work fine So it's not a hardware issue. I've done all the do it yourself fixes, restored from factory and even taken to the local Verizon vendor with no fix. They told us that iOS 8 causes those issues on the 4s and there isn't a fix but to upgrade the phones. We are 11 months away from upgrades and if we have to purchase new phones it's cheaper to pay the early term fee and go To another service provider. We have had the phones for over a year in otter boxes and they are in perfect condition. Any help would be great. Is it just better to get new phones since I can't find a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ios 8 messed our phones up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Arussell1786

I'm sad to hear about the multiple troubles you've been experiencing on your iPhone 4S since the update to iOS 8! I'd love to resolve this for you. I know you've mentioned you've don't a restore. When you did this, did you restore all of your data right away or did you set up the phone as a new iPhone isntead? If you didn't set up as new, please give this a try for us! Here's how: http://bit.ly/11M38oQ

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes