iphone 4 Battery Life
iphone4user

Getting poor life on my battery charges.  Can the battery be replaced at a Verizon service center?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 Battery Life
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I'm pretty sure that you would have to go to an Apple store and visit the Genius Bar.  Other repair shops can assist, as well, but I'm not sure how that will affect your warranty.

You can give the VZW store a call to see if they replace iPhone batteries onsite.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you are near an Apple store go to them. They will determine if a replacement is necessary (or if something else is the issue). Not sure if Verizon would do it or if they would send the phone to Apple for that type of repair or replacement...just depends on if they are authorized to do the repairs or parts replacements.

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

How long have you had your iPhone?  I don't think the Verizon iPhone has been out long enough to start requiring battery replacements (unless it's a defective battery)

Do you close out of apps after you are done with them? (app run in the background until you close out of them from the task list), try double tapping the home button (button with square symbol), all your currently running apps should be in that list, hold down on an app until they jiggle, then tap the red circle on the upper left of the apps, the more apps you close out of, the better your battery life should have

0 Likes
scrapfaerie
Enthusiast - Level 2

mikedamirault wrote:

How long have you had your iPhone?  I don't think the Verizon iPhone has been out long enough to start requiring battery replacements (unless it's a defective battery)

Do you close out of apps after you are done with them? (app run in the background until you close out of them from the task list), try double tapping the home button (button with square symbol), all your currently running apps should be in that list, hold down on an app until they jiggle, then tap the red circle on the upper left of the apps, the more apps you close out of, the better your battery life should have

You my friend are a life saver. I just got my iphone Friday and have had horrible battery life, as in charging everyday in less than 24 hours. I had no idea how to close out apps! I had a similar problem a few years ago when I got my Blackberry. I didn't know how to close out the apps. THANK YOU! You saved me a trip to the Verizon Store and/or the Apple store.

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

scrapfaerie wrote:

mikedamirault wrote:

You my friend are a life saver. I just got my iphone Friday and have had horrible battery life, as in charging everyday in less than 24 hours. I had no idea how to close out apps! I had a similar problem a few years ago when I got my Blackberry. I didn't know how to close out the apps. THANK YOU! You saved me a trip to the Verizon Store and/or the Apple store.

Glad to help, I found it out when I had a problem printing from my iPhone, the print que got clogged up due to a failed print job and didn't know how to get to the task list, Apple did hide it pretty well :smileyvery-happy:

When I had my Droid Eris, I had a big problem with running apps draining the battery so I am always big on closing running apps

Glad to hear everything worked out and saved a trip to Verizon

0 Likes
scrapfaerie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sadly it didn't. I am getting less than 24 hours on a charge. The "customer service" person at Verizon told me that was normal, but I'm not buying it. I have followed all the tips I have seen online and still getting poor battery life. I have had the phone for less than a week and a friend got hers the same day and isn't having any issues at all.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

scrapfaerie, what is your usage level on the iPhone?  When you go into Settings>General>Usage, how much time shows there before your phone dies?  If it shows 3 hours, you are probably a heavy user.  I would consider that normal performance for an iPhone (or any smartphone) battery.  iPhone batteries tend to excel at standby performance, in that they will last up to several days in standby.  But once your active usage hits 3 hours or so, you are probably very low on battery.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Scrapfaerie, thanks for your inquiry and thanks to everyone for your responses! Normally battery issues on the iPhone are resolved by closing running apps. Other things to try are making sure your wifi and Bluetooth are turned off when not using them. If you use the Mobile Hotspot on the phone make sure that is off when not being used also. After closing running apps, try doing a hard reset by pressing and holding the home and power buttons together for 10 seconds until the Apple symbol comes up. Phone will reset. If battery still not lasting, I would recommend going to an Apple store because they can do more testing on the device at their Genius Bar. 

0 Likes