iphone 4 audio gone
Cburrows_tx

I was using the iphone 4 tonight.  All of a sudden all audio was gone.  I cannot hear and they cannot hear me.  I have tried making calls, cannot hear if the phone is ringing. ALL audio during calls is gone.  The audio works just fine everywhere else.  I have reset the phone 3 times, I have shut the phone off and left it off for 20 minutes and restarted.  What else is there to do? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 audio gone
bubbasgirl

I am having the same problem  hu phones not working cant call tech support!  I dont know what else to do either I have reset holding down power and home hey till phone turns off and on and still nothing

0 Likes
Cburrows_tx

Ok after looking online and trying 1000 different things........... Plug in a head set and make a call.  When you unplug you have sound!!  They say a piece of dust or anything can get on the connection and make it think it is in headset mode.  It worked for me.  I was without a phone for hours trying things.  THIS WORKED!  I hope it works for you too.

0 Likes
iphone 4 audio gone
bubbasgirl

thanks for the tip found out my problem was actually a verizon thing and phone is working now!   but thanks for the update  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
AmyJoRagon

...What was the "verizon problem"??  Ive got the same issue..

0 Likes
bubbasgirl

They had updated towers or some thing and it

Wasn't working quite right is what I was told by a

rep when I called in. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey AmyJoRagon, I am sorry to hear about the audio issues you are having. Lets get that iPhone 4 making some noise again.

Did you try the headset trick provided by Cburrows_TX?

Another thing I want you to check is the switch on the upper left hand side of the phone. If you can see orange that means that the device is set to silent mode. If its black your sound is on and you should be able to hear music.

Also, I want you to try dialing *228 and press option 2 when the voice prompts you to. This will update your roaming capabilities to make sure that you are connected to the local towers in your area.

Keep us updated with results.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes