Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iphone 4 contacts
perfectgentleman4u81

i deleted people from my contact list, icloud, etc but when i go to the text drop down and type in a person with the same letter name, the person i deleted still shows up. the only way i have found to correct this is restore the phone to new iphone. is there any other way to do this so i dont have to keep doing this? went to an apple store and they were no help at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey perfectgentleman4u81. I know that once you delete someone from your phone you'd like to see them permanately removed and I want to make sure we get this figured out for you.

Do you possibly have your Facebook contacts sycned to your phone? If you deleted the phone number from your phone, but you still have your Facebook contacts sycned and you are friends with that person, there name will still show up in your contacts. Same with if you have their e-mail saved to your phone. Do you possibly have the contacts synced to your iTunes?

If you have already done a restore, the deleted contact would have to be within Facebook, iTunes, or backup assistant if you are using that application.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

NickB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 contacts
jawojcikjr1

No I deleted them out of all the mentioned places.

0 Likes