iphone 4 getting hot
ANORTHIAM

Im wondering if anyone else is having this problem, my iphone 4 in which i just got like a wk ago is now getting hot on the back and side. It gets hot sometimes while talking on it, looking on the internet, and charging. This happens about 5 mins into doing these things. Any help out there on this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 getting hot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ANORTHIAM,

I apologize for the delay and I am hopeful that your issue has been resolved since the original date of your post. If not, I can happily assist you. When was the last time you completely powered your device off? Try holding the power and home button simultaneously until the Apple appears. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dawn42

I,too have the Iphone 4 and it is getting hot, dropping my calls, not allowing facetime (I have never gotten this app to work).

I went into the Verizon store and was told not to use a "rapid charger".  So not, 2 weeks later and no longer using a "rapid charger" my iphone continues to have all of these issues.  Now as I read many complains and frustrations from other purchasers of this phone, I am noticing a pattern.  What is Verizon/Apple going to do about all of the defects?

I use my phone for work and can not be without it for even half a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey dawn42,

Oh I certainly understand the need for your phone. I can't live without mine either. Let's go ahead and cross check and make sure your phone is optimized for great battery life. Take a look here http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html and double check that settings are correct and you are closing out applications.

In terms of Facetime, do you get an error when trying to use it? Have you tried to adjust the Facetime in Settings and see if it was successfully activated? You are also connect to wi-fi when trying to make a call, correct? Let us know.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes