iphone 4 in Puerto Rico
JH22

My iphone service is sporadic in San Juan(The Capital Not in the Mountains). Calls get through at times, my contact list phone numbers need to be manually entered in the keypad otherwise I receive a "call failed" message immediately if I click on a phone number. Very frustrating, my other carrier had no issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 in Puerto Rico
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Voice should work fine while in Puerto Rico, it should only be the data that may have trouble. I believe the problem may be with the phone itself.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure if this is something that will work but you might want to try updating the PRL if you haven't (dial *228 and select option #2). You might want to also try restarting your iPhone to see if that helps. Hold the top button (On/Off/Sleep/Wake button) until the red slider appears and then slide it off. Wait a few seconds and then power the phone back on. You can also try resetting the phone (hold both the top button and the Home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears). Again, not sure if any of this will help but it wouldn't hurt to try.

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you all for your replies. JH22, if you are on one of our Nationwide or older America's Choice plans, you will be able to use your phone in Puerto Rico. Did you try any of the suggestions that were provided? If so, did this help with your service issue in Puerto Rico. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
LK0112

I'm currently in PR with my new iPhone 4. When calling I have found that if i dail a 1 before the area code the calls go through. BUT .... I have to manually dial. Saving the 1 before the area code in my contacts still does not let the call through. Very annoying because I need to write each number down if I don't remember it. Any workaround suggestions?

0 Likes
mikl730

Try holding down the 0 key to create a +sign before the number. This is what i had to do when i had an loaner phone in ireland.

0 Likes
LK0112

Thanks mikl730, I'll try this next week when I'm back in PR.

0 Likes
LK0112

I'm back in Puerto Rico. Adding +1 to contacts does nothing. I MUST manually dial each number with a 1 before the area code or the call fails.  Has anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
rotger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have this issue in PR.  Can't dial from contact list -- says "Call Failed"  but when I dial throught the keypad, manually enetering numbers it works.  Note that there is no *228 in PR -- tried it but does not work.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

rotger wrote:

I also have this issue in PR.  Can't dial from contact list -- says "Call Failed"  but when I dial throught the keypad, manually enetering numbers it works.  Note that there is no *228 in PR -- tried it but does not work.  Any suggestions?

Hi rotger,

I understand your discontent for the inconvenience of not being able to dial directly from your contacts while in Puerto Rico. I have checked my resources and turning off International Assist on the iPhone 4 has resolved this issue for other customers. To do this please follow this path on your phone Settings>Phone>International Assist.

I trust that the above steps will resolve your dialing concerns. Please keep us posted.

0 Likes