iphone 4 phone call hearing trouble
roywoods

Recently got an iphone 4 and first it was dropping calls but that has seemed to quit but now when I make or get a phone call I have to have it on speaker for me to hear the other person. I have recently tried it with a head set and it works also. How do i get the sound back on the receiver speaker without using loud speaker or head set?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 phone call hearing trouble
budone
Legend

iPhones have a key that kills the earpiece. I just dont know which one it is. I suspect you hit it by accident.

0 Likes
roywoods

Thanks for the reply. Everything I have looked up and tried has not worked so I guess I will head to the store and see if they will do anything about it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi roywoods, Let's pump the volume back up on your iPhone earpiece! Does this happen with all calls, inbound and out? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the device? Have you tried gently cleaning out the headphone jack? I am eager to troubleshoot to get this resolved!

Yale_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear budone,

Good afternoon. Ensuring we know what may damage a device is very important. I did some research on this device and have verified there are no known issues regarding a key that kills the earpiece. However, I did see that audio issues may be caused by a screen protector that comes with the device. The screen protector covers both the ear and voice piece.  At times customers are not aware that the screen protector is not on the phone. Please verify the screen protector is off the phone or placed correctly. If you are still having issues with the audio on the device, please feel free to reach out to us. We will be more than happy to assist you. 

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
iphone 4 phone call hearing trouble
roywoods

Thanks for the help on this. I did not have a screen protector on it yet - it was to new and I purchased ours off amazon. I can now report that it is working - have no clue why cause I was headed with it to the local Verizon store and decided to check it one more time before I walked in there. Sure enough it is working again. During its off time I had no screen protector on it and the ear piece did not work for either inbound or outbound calls.We just signed up for a 2 year plan so my iphone 4 came with it. It is "re-manufactured" or used so I guess I just got one that isn't so hot. I would like to know what could have caused this so if it does it again I know what to do. Just weird!!  Thanks for chiming in though!.

0 Likes