iphone 4 water damage 4 weeks ago
wdutterer

I have an iphone 4, I accidentally dropped it in water, scooped it out and dried it off...it worked for a bout 3 or 4 hours then it went to searching, no carrier nothing...it said to do a restore which I did, but I got an itunes error -1 and now my iphone is stuck in recovery mode and has been there for 4 weeks...it does work, screen is fine, all buttons are fine except it just keeps searching and I cant get to get a signal..even reset networks settings...I don't have insurance and can't afford a new iphone...any suggestions as to why it keeps searching....

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 water damage 4 weeks ago
worahm

I had the same thing happen last summer to a remote house phone after it was dropped into my pool.

I removed the battery and left the battery cover off.  Then I used a hair dryer, set to warm, (Not Hot) and blew air into any crevise I could find on the phone for about 15 minutes.  Be careful not to overheat the phone.

When I replaced the battery, the phone worked perfectly.  

0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 water damage 4 weeks ago
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone in a sealed bag of uncooked rice for 24-48 hours also works to dry out the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes