iphone 4 wifi issues
sybilc

just installed new router/modem (wireless) and cant get iphone 4 to accept?  it sees the network name but wont join when i type in password?  computer and netflix work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 wifi issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Sybilc , I apologize that you are experiencing such issues with the connectivity of your device. We appreciate you using a Wi-Fi connection to avoid data usage. The hardest part about connecting to Wi-Fi is often times entering the password, atleast for me. I always forget to enter in a certain character or enter the wrong character.

Have you attempted to toggle Wi-Fi on and off?

I would also suggest power cycling the device hold the On/Off button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off your device. When it is off, press the On/Off button to turn it back on.

These are the basic troubleshooting steps, if you are unable to connect. Feel free to contact us for additional troubleshooting.

Yosef_VZW
Verizon Wireless Customer Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pricelessme_ct

I have constant wifi issues, at times my wifi will no longer work forcing me to unplug my router. Before I do this when trying to type in my password it will not accept it, once router is rebooted and password entered its accepted BUT no wifi..and its not my router or wifi service - because I have other devices hooked up via wifi and they have no issues - its just my iphone - very frustrating!

0 Likes
wcgriffyn

It could always be a combination of the wifi router and the iPhone. Not all routers are made the same and depending on how the manufacturer implemented the wireless standard there can be issues with compatibility. For instance I had a laptop that for whatever reason would continually drop its wifi connection to the router at random times. No other connected devices where affected it was just my laptop. I ended up replacing the router and since then no issues.

0 Likes