iphone 4s not showing voicemail message
Arniedog

I recently switched to a prepaid plan at verizon after my contract expired with them. Since that time my iphone 4s no longer notifys me when i have a voice mail. I understand digital voicemail does not work with the prepaid plan but my voicemail icon no longer gets the red icon next to it when I have a waiting message! The recent calls icon is working any help would be appreciated and yes I did call customer service and they were no help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 4s not showing voicemail message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you already trying so many steps, Arniedog. Smitty23521, sr71, and j9time all have some great suggestions. If you've already run through all the steps, including making sure your Message Waiting Indicator is turned on as j9time suggested most recently, we may need to reset your voicemail. To do this, you may reach our Prepay Team by dialing 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone and a representative from our Prepay Team can reset the service for you.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smitty23521
Contributor - Level 1

I would try a few basic things you can do on your end. First go to settings, general, reset, and reset network settings. This will delete your saved WiFi settings but it will not physically delete any of your info. Once your phone turns back on, we want to make sure any sort of call forwarding is disabled, dialing these numbers will play a brief beeping; dial *73 call, dial *900 call, and dial *920 call. Hope this works!

0 Likes
Not applicable

So you are getting the voicemails but the notification itself is not working.

So when you call your voicemail you have new voicemails but there is no notification letting you know this on the iphone?

If that is the case perhaps settings general reset reset all settings (not erase all content and settings just yet) and see if that works.

0 Likes
Arniedog

Thanks guys already tried all those things Yea I can check my email I just don't get the little red icon next to my email icon when someone leaves a message foe me,

0 Likes
j9time
Enthusiast - Level 2

you can call your voicemail and check your settings... making sure voice mail notification is turned on. From another phone you can dial your phone number, enter your passcode, and choose the personal options option (#4).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you already trying so many steps, Arniedog. Smitty23521, sr71, and j9time all have some great suggestions. If you've already run through all the steps, including making sure your Message Waiting Indicator is turned on as j9time suggested most recently, we may need to reset your voicemail. To do this, you may reach our Prepay Team by dialing 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone and a representative from our Prepay Team can reset the service for you.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes