iphone 4s preowned speaker broken - 90 day guarantee no one responds
ravi9884

Hi,

I bought a pre owned phone from verizon.  It has a speaker problem. I want to exchange it. But whenever I call customer care. I am going in rounds wasting my time. what is the process to exchange if there is manufacturer defect.

This is more like a previous user defect. My provisos experience with verizon was bad. E.g I bought a prepaid phone from verizon. They ask me to return my device within 14 days + give $35 if I don't like it. On top of that, I have to forgo the  pending balance on my prepaid card. Should have learnt the lesson first time itself.

This is more frustration with Verizon.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4s preowned speaker broken - 90 day guarantee no one responds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure you get the proper assistance, Ravi9884. What occurs when you speak with customer support? We do have to complete proper troubleshooting before a replacement may be sent. What specific issue are you running into with the speaker?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes
ravi9884

The speaker has a dent on it. I lost hope with Verizon and refunded it. So much for certified pre paid.

Didn't know I am running into another monster. Just to ask the status of my refund, I am hopping from department to department for more than 40 mins. Every hop takes at least 5 mins of holding. See screenshot below. I can see the agents asking me order number, location number, yet still not able to locate my order. I  pity them, they don't have a reliable IT application to rely upon.

Why is there so many departments? Refund dept doesn't know about the account status, account team do not know about the refund status. They are not willing to wait and even hear what I am saying, they are just happy in sending me to another dept. Classical support team reaction to a problem they don't have tools to handle.

Finally reached refund dept who don't see my return yet. I gave my tracking number <<removed>>. Yet after 10 business days, I haven't still received a refund and nobody knows what happened.  I have to call after a few days to check my status. One more hour is going to be wasted in my day for a phone that I didn't use. Reference number  <<removed>>.

I did learn a lesson. Never to do business with companies like verizon. Hoping to get my refund at least. Anyway my first month prepaid amount is useless now.  I am sticking with my current company where it is a breeze in customer care.

<<Image removed due to private information viewable.>>.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ravi9884, we absolutely want the best path to resolution. With the tracking number provided, I'm showing that it has routed to our warehouse. The next step is for the warehouse to inspect the device and scan it in. It can take up to 3 weeks from the time the device is received for this process to be completed. Once it is scanned, the refund is stamped into the notes of the account and refund is processed. Our specialized Prepay team can be reached at 888-294-6804 to view the refund details once process is complete. We appreciate your continued patience.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ravi9884

Thanks for the reply. Another 20 mins in my morning spent in vain talking to Verizon reps to get my money back. I dread making calls to Verizon now. The very thought of having to spend so much time had put me off till now.

The number you gave 888-294-6804 is only for customer service. I spoke to Chuviera (I could have spelt the name incorrectly) she told me that questions about refund should go to refund department and she directed me there.

Its been a month since the phone was delivered back to Verizon. Still, Verizon is unable to get me a refund. I spoke to Liza from refund dept who submitted a request to treasury dept to research and refund my money. It may take 3 more weeks to get my money back.

Research request number <<removed>>.

Verizon, how many more days to follow up till I get my money back? Verizon cal.jpg

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just call the bank or credit card company and have them refund the money. Dispute the transaction with Verizon and get the money that way.

http://www.bbb.org file a complaint as well.

The bank or credit card company will give you a credit while they are fighting with Verizon. Don't take that garbage from Verizon. (removed)

Good Luck

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ravi9884,

Hearing everything you've gone through really worries me, and we need to make this right ASAP! I've requested to follow you. Please follow me back and send a Direct Message using these steps http://vz.to/1cOOY6O so that I can get this all straightened out with you.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ravi9884

Thanks for the suggestion Elector. I did as you suggested and Verzion contacted me based on BBB complaint and solved this.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Very happy to hear I could assist you.

Happy Sunday!

0 Likes