iphone 4s suddenly dropping calls and service started 3 weeks ago
AlexisA

I have had almost perfect service on my Verizon Wireless iPhone 4s since I received it almost a year ago. It never dropped calls even in low service areas and I was really happy with the service in my whole area. Taking calls in our out of my home was never an issue. However, about 3 weeks ago, service started getting shotty. The people I was talking to couldn't hear me and now my calls go in and out. Now every call drops at least once, sometimes only seconds into the call. I am now having trouble taking calls in my home which never happened before.

I'm not sure what updates may have happened, but this started happening 3 weeks ago and it was prior to upgrading to iOS 7.1.2. Anyone else suddenly having this issue or know what to do about it? I tried re-establishing my Roaming settings using *228, but that doesn't seem to have worked. As I am about to into labor at any moment, the timing of my phone being unreliable now is most inconvenient.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4s suddenly dropping calls and service started 3 weeks ago
Keith6685

I am having the same problem. Also tried resetting network settings. No luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AlexisA,

Congrats on your future new little one! Lets get your phone working again so you don't have to worry about it. What zip code are you in? Do you know if anyone else with Verizon cell service has the same issue with dropped calls?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keith6685,

Lets restore service back onto your phone. What zip code are you in? Does this issue only happen within your home or outside as well?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
AlexisA

Zip code is 19365. It happens both inside and outside of my home. Even when I change zip codes, the phone is dropping calls.

Thanks,

Alexis Arnold

0 Likes
iphone 4s suddenly dropping calls and service started 3 weeks ago
SierraTech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having the same problem with several iPhones in our area. Just wonder if XLTE has something to do with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SierraTech,

Help has arrived! Are all iPhones the same model? If not, which model iPhones do you have? Zip code? Are you experiencing this issue indoors only? Have text or data been effected?

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
AlexisA

I have a 4s. My husband has a 4 and has no issue. Zip is 19365. It is not limited to indoors. Text and data do not appear to be affected.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, Alexis! I completely understand the need of reliable service. Lets try this: settings > general > reset > reset network settings. Test out and let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
SierraTech
Enthusiast - Level 3

iPhone 4s & iPhone 5 & 5s seem worse. I have a 4 and able to communicate (after DFU Restore for iOS 7.1.2) but miss several calls because 1x occurs 50% of the time. Zip is 89451, take a look at the map, we don't have good coverage on the Highway 28 business corridor. But my iPhone 4 worked great for 3 years, but something changed June 2014. Two of my clients were VZ iPhone owners and the switched to AT&T. Sad for me because now when I support them I have to use a landline so I don't use all my minutes.

Oh, forgot to mention, I had visitors stay with us two weeks ago w/ Samsung Galaxies III phones by VZ. Both phones received no signal at my house. I had to loan them my iPhone 4.

0 Likes