iphone 4s won't connect to home wi-fi
denjill

we have 2 phones, both iphone 4s and they won't connect to our home wi fi tonight.

However, our home desktop and laptop are connecting just fine.  Have rebooted the

router and the phones.  Have chosen to "forget" this network and then rebooted the

phone, reentered the password and still no luck on either phone.

Ideas????

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4s won't connect to home wi-fi
Not applicable
0 Likes
jmar1959

2 brand new 4s phones same problem going to try the airplane mode thing pissin me off

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this resolved! Did you try the steps including resetting network settings that Elector sent? Let me know how that works out for you.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jmar1959

all is good followed steps did not seem to help. made some changes to my wireless router settings and both phones now connect

not sure wich fixed the trouble but it is fixed

thank you for reponding

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
denjill

Rebooted router again, 3rd times a charm

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent! Let us know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
daria5588

Starting earlier this week, my WiFi has not been connecting on my phone, the WiFi is greyed out.  Sometimes it will connect but for maybe 15 minutes if that.  I have not had this issue before and the other 4S phone in our house is working fine.  My battery life is being drained at a fast rate since it isn't on the WiFi.  Can Verizon help at all?  Other forums I have gone to say that Apple charges $199 if the phone is over a year old because it is out of warranty and my contract is up in May.  I love my iPhone but this is very upsetting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's imperative that you're able to connect to Wi-Fi. I'd love to take a closer look into your concerns. To begin are you running the most recent version of software? Settings > General > Software Update

If you continue to notice the concern after you've checked the software verison. I would highly consider resetting network settings. This can be done by heading into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will delete any saved Wi-Fi networks ( you'll have to re-enter passwords)

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
ACUDUDE

I have done all of the above plus rebuilt home network and still no connection, iPhone 4S dWi oesn't even find the network...

Again I've checked software ALL up to date, I've reset Wi-Fi settings. My daughters iPhone 5c connects no problem.

This seems a consistent problem with VZ iPhone 4S's

Please help me solve this

Joseph

0 Likes