Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iphone calls blocked
Beowulf

I just bought an iphone4 for my wife, and I'm having a couple of problems. Our home land line phone and my cell phone have caller id. When I call the home phone from the iphone, the call won't go through, and I get a message on the iphone stating that the home phone will not accept calls from phones that are blocking their phone numbers. When I call my cell phone, it identifies the call as from a "restricted" phone. The manual says to go to settings>phone>show my caller id, but there is no "show my caller id" section on my iphone. How do I fix this so that my wife can call home and my cell phone won't identify it as a restricted call?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone calls blocked
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

It seems that your wife may have the Caller ID restricted on her line. But don;t worry because this is something that can easily be fixed. 

I would need to access her account to check if she has the Caller ID block on her line. If this is the case then I can just remove it for you. Please send me a private message with your name and mobile number and I will be more than happy to take a look at your account and further assist you.

0 Likes
patjrdn

I have an annoying caller (unknown number) calling me constantly.  I can not handle this any longer.  I do not want to pay a monthly fee to have my phone protected from a caller than won't identify themselves.  It is not fair that I have to pay to have this blocked.  Can you help or suggest what to do?  I'm even thinking of changing my phone number but just found out to do this, I have to pay $15.  All of this is not fair.  I never answer this caller, they never leave a message and I'm sure it is some computer call.  Help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@patjrdn - Unknown numbers can be very annoying! I would honestly answer and have them place you on a do not call list, as they are required to stop calling you by law. Especially if they are just soliciting services. If you really want to change your cell number, you can perform this action online, via My Verizon, for free.

As an fyi, if you call customer service, and you request a telephone number change due to harrassing phone calls, the change will be done for free too. These calls can be classified under the  harrassing phone calls umbrella, as they do not stop calling you!

If you need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us and the community.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

NicandroN_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes