iphone4s won't shut off? Help!
ajroot

iphone 4s 16GB will not turn off.  When you try to it automatically starts again.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone4s won't shut off? Help!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try a search of this community? I do believe the instructions for a hard shutdown has been posted before for the iPhone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Are you trying to turn the phone off while it is on the charger?  The iPhone will turn back on while it is charging if you try to turn it off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh boy ajroot! I'm hoping your phone has been shutdown by now. If not, let's try a few other things first. As 21stNow mentioned, make sure that your phone isn't plugged into a charger and try turning it off again. If no change, let's complete a reset by pressing the Home & Sleep/Wake buttons for about 10 seconds until the Apple symbol pops up. The phone will reboot again, but try powering off after this. Also make sure that all applications are closed in case one is requiring that the phone stay on. http://bit.ly/TomdWF

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport