Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iphones texting message usage
amydj585

why can't I view the iphone text usage online? I check both my iphones texting message data used and it won't show, is it because they are iphone texting each other? how can I be able to view the texts being recieved and sent on my account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: iphones texting message usage
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

iMessage utilizes an Apple ID and therefore can be sent from other locations besides a phone, such as a computer, iPad or iPod. They don't necessarily come from a phone. Since it can be sent via an Apple ID, there is not necessarily a way for Verizon to determine which phone # the message came from, or EVEN IF IT CAME FROM A PHONE.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

First of all, you would not be able to view the contents of texts online regardless of what phone you are using, only dates and time sent.

iPhones now utilize iMessage which DOES NOT necessarily utilize the Verizon texting system. iMessage can use your data connection instead of the texting system.

If you would like to see texting usage online via your MyVerizon account, you will need to change your iMessage settings to not utilize your Apple ID or possibly even going so far as to turn iMessage off if it is still using the data connection to send messages.

You can see more about iMessage HERE.

0 Likes
amydj585

Sorry, I meant when checking my usage on minutes used and texts used the phone numbers do not show if I am texting or receiving text from an iphone. Why doesn't it show the phone numbers of those texting on iphones?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

iMessage utilizes an Apple ID and therefore can be sent from other locations besides a phone, such as a computer, iPad or iPod. They don't necessarily come from a phone. Since it can be sent via an Apple ID, there is not necessarily a way for Verizon to determine which phone # the message came from, or EVEN IF IT CAME FROM A PHONE.

View solution in original post

0 Likes