is it possible to keep all text messages, voice mails, photos, videos, contacts, etc after a cell phone has been deactivated?
ziggyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

is it possible to keep all text messages, voice mails, photos, videos, contacts, etc after a cell phone has been deactivated?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: is it possible to keep all text messages, voice mails, photos, videos, contacts, etc after a cell phone has been deactivated?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm sorry for your loss. 

Once you deactivate his phone, everything will remain on the phone as-is except the voice mails (they're stored on VzW's server rather than the phone).  If you want to keep any of the messages, you can find info. about doing that here:

Re: How do I save a voicemail message?

If your son had an iPhone, the voice mail system is different; let us know if that's the type phone he had.

View solution in original post

Re: is it possible to keep all text messages, voice mails, photos, videos, contacts, etc after a cell phone has been deactivated?
ziggyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

**please help with this question!!  my son has died, and i want to keep his phone just as he had it, and i don't want to lose his data/info etc when i disconnect it.... thank you so much for your help!  unfortunately my deceased son is the one that would know the answer to this question and be able to help me....

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm sorry for your loss. 

Once you deactivate his phone, everything will remain on the phone as-is except the voice mails (they're stored on VzW's server rather than the phone).  If you want to keep any of the messages, you can find info. about doing that here:

Re: How do I save a voicemail message?

If your son had an iPhone, the voice mail system is different; let us know if that's the type phone he had.

ziggyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you so much tikibar1!!!  i will check and see .... he has the iphone 4...

0 Likes
ziggyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you so much tikibar1!!! i will check and see .... he has the iphone 4... what do you suggest for my next step? again, i must confess i am a techie illiterate.....

Nancy Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If he has an iPhone 4, the instructions provided for saving his voice mails won't work, other than for the option about using the headphone plug, since those messages are saved on Apple's servers and not Verizon's.  You might try this:

Transfer memorable voice mails to your computer with a simple audio trick - CNET

0 Likes
ziggyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you so very much!  i will try it and let you know....