locked out
darla818

Im changed my password to my iPhone 4 and then forgot what it was now Im locked out. How can I reset it?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: locked out
mizar

just restore it with itune . nothing other solution for this .

b/r mizar

0 Likes
nikkiboo2013

how is she supposed to restore it if she locked out? im in the same situation.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If by locked out, there is a password on the restore file, you will most likely have to set it up as a new iPhone in iTunes.

Have you tried plugging the phone into your computer, restoring the phone from iTunes and it is asking you for a password? If it is and you do not know what the password is, you will have to start from scratch and set it up as a new iPhone.

0 Likes
nikkiboo2013

how am I supposed to do that if im in school and everything that i get on is blocked? I cant get into my phone what so ever to even try and restore my phone...

>

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Wait until you get home????

0 Likes
nikkiboo2013

dont have internet at home...

>

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Didn't say you needed internet access at home. Do you have a computer you sync your iPhone to? Plug it into that computer and either restore the iPhone or set it up as a new device.

If you don't have a computer or internet access or your unlock key to get into your phone, you will most likely be stuck with resetting your phone. You could try going into an Apple Store to see if they can help.

To reset your iPhone without a computer(this will erase EVERYTHING on your phone), press and hold the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time. Continue holding them for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

0 Likes
nikkiboo2013

I tried that lastnight and it wouldnt let me because i hd that stupid passcode thing... i have no choice but to go to verizon store for them to restore it. But thanks for the info. It sure was helpful...

>

0 Likes
Steve2513
Enthusiast - Level 1

You do not have to go to Verizon store to fix this. Plug into computer and have iTunes open, hold the home and power button until phone goes completely blank (past the slide to turn off screen). Then let go of power button but continue pressing home button. Make sure speakers are turned up and as soon as you here the beep (10-20sec) let go. iTunes will now recognize it as a brand new phone and you can restore. Hope this helps. This will reset everything on your phone so you will lose anything that isn't previously backed up on iTunes. What RC said above about resetting with home and power button until apple logo pops up will not erase anything. That is a soft reset, everything will still be on there that was before.