missed calls/texts
nkane7280

anyone having issues where people are saying they called u and u are not getting missed calls or texts u and u arent getting them?  i have at least 5 people who have told me they tried to contact me this way and i dont get it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: missed calls/texts
suenp

Yes, I've been having that problem for a week.  Some people are nice about it, but one man was downright rude and left me a voice mail calling me names.  I talked with Verizon yesterday about it, and they said there is a way for those automated sales calls to hack a phone number so that it comes up as a different number than where they called from.  The calls were actually originating in Reston, VA which is a 571- area code, but when the person would call the missed number back, it would feed to MY number which has a 602 area code but the rest of my phone number was in their number.  They said they would escalate it, but my only option may be to get a new phone #.  I've had the same # for 10 years or more. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

suenp,

Your problem sounds entirely different than nkanes'.  the Problem nkane7280 describes is people calling or texting, but he/she never receives the call or text, or even notification of a missed call.  @nkane7280 - it may be signal issues in your area; signal isn't consistent so things get lost.

@suenp - what you describe is someone spoofing your number, so people think you are calling them, but you are not.  Or you are on the fringes of two different area codes so if folks just dial the last 7 digits, they get you instead of the one with a different area code.  The cure for that is for everyone to always dial the full 10-digit number, including the area code.

0 Likes
suenp

That's not what I was told by Verizon support yesterday.  Some number in Virginia is calling people and hanging up.  What shows up is the Virginia number, but when the redial it comes to my  umber.  I'm getting 5 or more calls a day with people telling me that I called them.

Sue H << Full name removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nkane7280,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening! Are these the same consistent contacts that are unable to reach you? Does this happen in one location like your home or your office? Many different factors can go into why you are not getting those calls and texts. Please provide more information so I can assist further.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nkane7280

It's different people that are telling me that. It seems to happen when I'm home but it's also happened when I'm at the work or the gym.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes