my iPhone 4s will no longer allow others to send me a text message
AlaynaFHirsch

My iPhone 4s will no longer allow others to initiate a text message with me.  I think I have pin pointed the issue, but I don't know how to fix it.  When I go to Settings - Messages - Send & Receive, it has both my phone number and my email but it only will allow me to check the email account.  Therefore, if people don't have this email stored in their phone, then it won't allow them to initiate a text message to me.  They can reply to my texts, but it comes up as my email address vs. my phone number.  I have tried to reset my networks, but that didn't help either.  I have not downloaded the new iOS 7.0.4 yet.  Does that have something to do with it or how can I fix this because I'm on the road for business and I won't have a chance to download it until I get home on Sunday! 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my iPhone 4s will no longer allow others to send me a text message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you have not been able to utilize your text messaging AlaynaFHirsch. I recommend downloading the new software to your phone. It will definitely help with functionality issues. Are you using a 3rd party messaging application? Have you tried to perform a restore on your account?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: my iPhone 4s will no longer allow others to send me a text message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you have not been able to utilize your text messaging AlaynaFHirsch. I recommend downloading the new software to your phone. It will definitely help with functionality issues. Are you using a 3rd party messaging application? Have you tried to perform a restore on your account?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes