my iphone 4s has been blocked because i ask verizon to unlock it.
abdelwahab

i just receive the phone from my uncle as gift.my question is why you blocked the iphone.is there reason you do that ? i want to know if this iphone has been stolen, or what.i don't really understand.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: my iphone 4s has been blocked because i ask verizon to unlock it.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you currently a Verizon Wireless customer? Is the phone active on a VZW line? If no to either of these questions plus other requirements, the phone does not qualify for the SIM unlock.

If your uncle had it activated on his line, then he should have requested the SIM unlock BEFORE removing it and activating another phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
abdelwahab

i' m not a Verizon Wireless customer.i think that it's active on a VZW line.i received as gift.it's very difficult for us (African people). if the iphone is out of warranty you can unlock it?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

See https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/968060#968060

rcschnoor
Legend

I would like to elaborate on Ann154's answer. You can unlock the phone if it is out of warranty. You cannot unlock the phone if it is not on an active Verizon line of service and the line of service has been in service for the past 60 days.

You think the phone is active on a VZW line??? Ask you uncle if it is active. If it is active, your uncle is paying a monthly bill to Verizon to have service on the phone. Are you located in the US, or outside(Africa???)? If your uncle sent you the phone to be used solely in Africa, it is very doubtful it is active on a VZW line of service as the VZW international rates are extremely high and you wouldn't even need the phone unlocked anyway as you would be using VZW international service anyway.

Your best course of action would be to send the phone back to your uncle, have him activate it on his line, get the phone unlocked, have him reactivate his phone back on his line and send the iPhone 4S back to you. Otherwise, you should just sell the phone on ebay to someone who can use it.

0 Likes
abdelwahab

i'm in Africa.i will try to contact him to ask him to give me the number so you will be verify it for me.

0 Likes
abdelwahab

i'm in Africa.i will try to contact him to ask him to give me the number so you will be verify it for me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are writing to other VZW customers here on this forum. We don't have access to the system.

Do not post the IMEI number on this site. It will be removed if you do. Personal information including the IMEI number is not allowed here because of the Terms of Service here and you agreed to when you registered.

0 Likes
abdelwahab

i know that i don't have to post my imei in forum.i read the license.i can reach my uncle sorry for disturbing you. i will try to buy another phone for use it instead of this.thanks for all.

0 Likes