my verizon family locater
batman41500

when I try to sign in on my phone to the family locater in my verizon mobile, it won't accept my password. I even changed the password just to be safe, and still can 't log in. my phone is an iphone 4 black, family calling plan, with unlimited data. please someone help me figure this out!!!!  thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my verizon family locater
lecoo2

I believe this is a feature you pay separately for. It is not part of the data package that I knw of. I amnew also. But, I know th Iphone locaor app is free as I downladed it. This is like an app to find or recover a lost iphone only. Hope this helps. I would call Verizon ans ask about the family locator.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The iPhone is not eligible for the Family Locater plan. I just tried to add it to my account to make sure the iPhone was eligible and a message pops up stating that you must have an eligible device to add the feature. It then shows my iPhone with a red ex stating it is not eligible for the service. As mentioned, you do have access to the "Find My iPhone" feature for free, but any of the other features you were wanting from the family locator plan won't work with your iPhone.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello batman41500!

First, I'd like to thank the Community for the feedback and suggestions!  I see you have an interest in using the Family Locator application on your Apple iPhone 4.  I am happy to assist.

When you first posted 12/3/11, the application was not yet available to iPhone users.  Good news, effective today iPhone smartphones are eligible for the Family Locator - Locator application.  The "Locatee" app is not available on the iPhone.  I am including a link with instructions how to setup Family Locator using an iPhone as the "Locator" device here.  When you navigate to this web page, ensure you click on the "iPhones" tab to get specific instructions for iPhone setup.

I trust I have answered your questions, and have addressed your concerns.

0 Likes