new iPhone- incoming calls still into old phone
booinec

Bought a new iPhone 4 and had the sales rep set it up 4 hours ago. The new iPhone makes calls out, but all incomming calls still going to old Sprint phone. Ideas/assistance please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: new iPhone- incoming calls still into old phone
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

booinec wrote:

Bought a new iPhone 4 and had the sales rep set it up 4 hours ago. The new iPhone makes calls out, but all incomming calls still going to old Sprint phone. Ideas/assistance please.

You need to make sure to keep your old phone off. If calls are still going to it when it's off, the sales rep did not completely activate it.

0 Likes
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1

If you ported in, the porting process can take a bit of time.  You should receive a message on your phone when the port is complete, but until then, you will get mixed service on both phones.

vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Oh wow, ignore my last post. I thought it said Samsung and not Sprint. I'm losing it :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks everyone for your input. 

To complete the port to Verizon Wireless, ensure both phones are completely powered off. Power up your Verizon Wireless device, dial *228, send, and choose option #1. If you continue to receive calls on your previous phone,  you may check the status of your port request by calling 877-LNP-4VZW (877-567-4899).

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
miketech_79
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered my iPhone online and had setup to do the number porting as part of the online order. Then when the phone came I just sycned with iTunes to activate. Immediately my old Sprint phone stopped working and the iPhone was completely activated. All within less than 5 minutes.

So I don't know what to tell you, but ordering online seems to be the better way to do this. So seemless and easy.

0 Likes
booinec
Solved. Thank you for the replies. Sprint did not release for 14 hours.
All is fine, now.
0 Likes
abeerashid

my dad got an iphone 4 but about 3 hours after the best buy rep ported it he cancled the old service.  now everytime u call the number there's an error saying it's not in service

0 Likes
miketech_79
Enthusiast - Level 3

abeerashid wrote:

my dad got an iphone 4 but about 3 hours after the best buy rep ported it he cancled the old service.  now everytime u call the number there's an error saying it's not in service

You can't cancel the service before the port is completed or the port will not work. He therefore likely has lost the old number for good if he canceled the line before the port was completed. He just needs to get a new number.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

abeerashid wrote:

Yes, miketech is correct - the port process will cancel the old service automatically, and if you cancel it yourself before the port is completed, there is no number to port.  Call the old carrier ASAP and see if this can be rectified, or as miketech said, thenumber may be lost and you'll need to get a new number.

0 Likes