no texting to two people on my contact list
jewelsmom

Today I was unable to send or receive texts from my daughter and granddaughter. They have the same phone (iphone 4s) but on different carrier. I can call out, send and receive texts from others, even call my daughter that cannot receive texts. I cannot update to the new op sys due to not enough space, so it can't be due to that, although daughter has updated her phone's op sys, however its been a couple weeks since she updated, and the text issue only started today. We were able to send and receive up until yesterday afternoon. I have shut down and restarted my phone, with no success. Could it be her phone or carrier? I am waiting for her to call back, but since I saw another issue similar to this one posted, I thought I would let someone know I'm having the same issues. Daughters carrier is (ugh) AT&T.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: no texting to two people on my contact list
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jewelsmom,

That indeed sounds alarming! I certainly understand the importance of having access to send/receive text messages. Let's try a quick update. Please dial *228 and select option #2. Has your family members contacted their carrier? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Mrew

I too have this issue. It has something to do with iOS 7 but I don't know how to fix it. Help!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure these text messages go flying out. Have you tested with iMessages off on the iPhone? You can turn iMessage off by heading into Settings > Messages > iMessage - Off

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes