Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
not receiving some texts
alexh1234

Recently I have noticed that I have been sporadically not receiving messages. I will be in the middle of a conversation and then the messages stop coming through. I know that the messages definitely have been sent, as it appears on my friend's device as sent. This has been happening more frequently lately. It is quite frustrating when I am trying to communicate with someone who is across the country. I have already tried resetting it and such.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: not receiving some texts
Not applicable

Good Afternoon alex1234,

I would also be frustrated if my messages were not coming through consistently. I would like to ask you some probing questions to gain additional information for a resolution.

• What type of device do you have?
  • Is it happening with both text and picture messages?
  • Is the problem happening in one specific location?
  • Do you find it is happening with specific numbers or is it with all of the numbers you message with?
  • When you say you reset your device, did you complete a hard reset to wipe the device to factory standards?

As far as some basic recommendations go, you can try deleting the messaging threads and then start a new thread to see if it still happens. I would also try sending some test messages to yourself to see if they come through.

I hope this information was helpful. Once we gain additional information, we will provide solutions to resolve your concerns.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
alexh1234

Jonathon -

Thank you so much for your help. I have the iphone4 and I have only noticed it with text (then again I could have gotten picture messages I don't know about). I am currently at school in Virginia, originally from California, so I have only noticed it here, but could have been happening before. I know for sure it has happened with a few specific numbers, but then again if I didn't receive it i might not know :). And yes I restored to factory settings.

Alex Ham

0 Likes
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello alexh1234,

Thanks for that information. Did you try dialing *228 (Send) and choose option 2 to update? Also, after the update have one of the numbers you are having trouble receiving messages from send you a text.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

LatachaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey

Are both your friend and you using iPhone?  If so, go to Settings - Messages - and be sure that "Send As SMS" is turned "ON".  This will ensure that whenever you don't have the required connectivity for iMessaging (Wi-Fi), the message will be sent as a plain (SMS) text instead.  Also - you should be sure that the "iMessage" switch is turned "ON" - which is more of a convenience, but would prevent the iMessage capability between various iOS devices. 

0 Likes