not receiving texts
walshbird

For some time now I have been able to send texts to people, but I am not receiving a reply. Yes, they are replying, lol. It happens when texting all types of phones i.e. iphone 5, galaxy, etc.  It is quite irritating!  Help me fix this

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: not receiving texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

walshbird,

I am sorry to hear of your texting issue. Let's get you back up and running with your text messages. We would need to know what type of device do you currently have? Did you recently upgrade your device? If so, what device did you have previously? Have you tried powering the device off and back on and see if you can get replies? What does the person sending you the message see as an error message?

We look forward to working with you on this.

RobinD_VZW
VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
walshbird

I have an iPhone 4.

I have not recently upgraded my device.

I have tried to power off the device.

I have turned off imessage, turned off my phone, turned it back on.

The people sending me the message see an error message.

I'm at a loss.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

walshbird,

Thank you for the details, this defintiely helps me a lot. Please go to Settings>Messages>Turn on iMessages; once they activate, scroll down to Send & Receive-Make sure your phone number is selected not your email address. When you have an email address (Apple ID) selected for iMessages, your contacts can't reach you at the number they have saved for you. Keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
walshbird

I do have my phone number selected and the people I am not receiving texts from also have my phone number as my contact.  What now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

walshbird,

Thanks for the update. Guess it's on to the next step. Now you mentioned that when people send you a message they receive an error. Please let us know what the message says, verbatim if possible. Are all these users Verizon or other carriers? This will give us a better direction on what is happening.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
walshbird

Message has a red ! not delivered

They are not all verizon customers. I'm not sure who they have.

0 Likes
RogerHerin

My wife's iPhone 4 has the same problem.  There is NO error message when I send her a text.  It acts as if the text has been sent, but does not show "delivered".  I am very frustrated, as she is out of town, and I cannot text her.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted on all the messages walshbird. We will have to turn off iMessages and have your contacts text you. iMessages are not our service, so we need to ensure our service (Text Messages) are working correctly. If they work flawlessly, go to Settings and turn on your iMessages On again and select the correct number; have your friends iMessage you again. If problems persist go to Settings>General>REset>Reset Network Settings.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi RogerHerin

I want you to always be able to reach your wife! Let's work together and get this fixed! Which device do you have? Has she tried turning off imessages? Please delete all old messages and the contact information. Does a text go thru when you just enter the 10 digit number?

I look forward to your reply and getting this addressed!

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes