Re: not receiving texts
luvrboys

I am having problems receiving texts from a person that has an At&T iphone 5 I believe.  They get my texts and they respond but I don't ever get the response.  I have a iphone 4.  I use to get their texts a few months ago but it stopped working in the last month or two.  I had imessage off, so I turned that back on, I unchecked my emails like you stated in the above under send/receive.....but still no luck.  Any ideas?  I'm getting texts (as far as I can tell from other users of various devices).  Please help!  She texted me to confirm a meeting today and I never got it so didn't respond so she didn't show up!!!!  Frustrating!!!!

0 Likes
luvrboys

I think it is working again!  Thank you!

0 Likes
SugarlanFan09

I'm having issues with my friend receiving texts from me. She just switched to Verizon from Virgin Mobile and has a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, and I have an 8GB iPhone 4. I can receive her texts, call her, she can call me, but occasionally (just last night, today, and sometime in January), she won't receive mine. I've disabled iMessage, reset network settings, powered down my phone, killed the messaging program, added a 1 in front of her number, even restored my iPhone. She's the one I message the most. Why is this happening? It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

luvrboys, I'm here to ease your frustrations and get you back connected via text message with your friend. First, make sure that that their mobile number isn't blocked in your contacts. Just tap Contacts>search for your friends name and tap it>Confirm that the Caller is not Blocked. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
luvrboys

I got it working! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 28, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SugarlanFan09 lets get those messages flowing! Fill us in on the details and we'll get right to work to correct the trouble. When your friend had Verizon service, what phone did she have? Have you recently changed your device? Are the messages appearing to be sent from your device.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Luvrboys, Glad to hear that is working again. If there is anything else we can do to be of help you can reach us here or http://bit.ly/yN1P80 .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SugarlanFan09

Actually, she just switched to Verizon on February 14. She currently has the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, but when she had Virgin Mobile, she had a Motorola Razr. I have not changed my device apart from restoring it and backing it up and disabling iMessaging. Messages do appear to be sent. It's done this prior to my restoring.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that info, SugarlanFan09! I see that she joined us on February 14th. Did this issue occur before or after she became a Verizon Wireless customer? Has she contacted us about this matter yet?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
SugarlanFan09

It has. Originally, her phone was failing, hence why I convinced her to come to Verizon but maybe 8 weeks before, this problem started.

0 Likes