Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
oUninstalling from IPhone 4S
SuperDuperStressed

Is there a way to uninstall ios 8 from a iphone 4S?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: oUninstalling from IPhone 4S
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

What a good question, SuperDuperStressed. We are concerned as to why you want to go back to the previous software version. Did you happen to also update the software version via iTunes?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuperDuperStressed

I did the upgrade through the app store and I didn't see anything about doing something through iTunes. I do not use iTunes and have never since I got this phone. Ever since I did the upgarde my phone freezes constantly, while texting and while on the web. I am just truely unhappy with this phone!

0 Likes
Not applicable

http://readwrite.com/2014/09/20/how-to-downgrade-to-ios-7-ios-8

According to articles I have read, apple has stopped signing lower iOS updates from iOS 8.

You have which update? IOS 8? IOS 8.0.1? IOS 8.0.2? Or the last one iOS 8.1?

It may be possible to downgrade to iOS 8 but I doubt it.

http://www.apple.com/support/iPhone

Good Luck

0 Likes
SuperDuperStressed

My phoneis showing it has the 8.0.2 (12A405) version. Today I have anohter software update that was pushed to me that says it is iOS 8.1 and I am not to sure if I should proceed with it?

0 Likes
Not applicable

That is the newest one they released. You could update over the air on WiFi. Its a quick download.

Has fixes. It may fix your issue.

Good Luck

0 Likes