ok im returning to verizon
mark5019

and i will be purchaseing a Apple iPhone 4 - 8 GB in White

now i know its a mini computer what battery life can i expect i dont text alot or surf web but i do want this phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ok im returning to verizon
pensfan0782
Contributor - Level 1

http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-4/specs.html

considering what you'll be paying per month, $100 dollars is nothing to fork out and get the 4S and i would definitely do that. also, you say you don't text or browse the web often. if you're getting an iphone, you should start to do those more often so you're getting use out of your phone.

0 Likes
mark5019

thank you how is the battery ?

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

What do you expect to do on the phone?  How much do you plan to talk?  Do you plan to play other games and if so, how much?  Do you plan to listen to music?

Because the phone can be used in so many ways and under many different conditions (good signal vs. poor signal, Wi-fi vs. cellular network) there are many different factors that determine the answer.  I have an iPhone 4 that I can probably consistently get 8 days out of it before the battery is dead (I have gotten 10 days once).  However, most iPhone users think that I am mistaken, as their batteries don't last anywhere near that long.  I use the iPhone primarily for talking (not a heavy talker) and secondarily for checking email. 

TL: DR - Typical use gets 1-2 days of battery life.  Most users are in the habit of charging the phone every night and just taking the phone off the charger in the morning.

0 Likes
mark5019

well right now im useing an lg optimus m  and all i do is call  and look at email headers, if it lasts 8 hrs im lucky.i just wanted an idea as i do travel in car with a car charger  sucks lol

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1
Hmmm. I would have thought that your LG Optimus M would have lasted you all day. I still think that you will get at least a day out of an iPhone after the first two weeks of ownership. That is, if you don't find new things to do on your iPhone. Smiley Happy
0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

mark5019 wrote:

well right now im useing an lg optimus m  and all i do is call  and look at email headers, if it lasts 8 hrs im lucky.i just wanted an idea as i do travel in car with a car charger  sucks lol

Coming from a Droid Eris (as said in my signature), I have had amazing battery life compared to Android devices, and I do use my iPhone quite a bit

This is just my personal opinion, but if you only plan to make phone calls and check email headers, you may want to look more towards a "dumb" phone or feature phone that supports email, there is really no reason to get an iPhone or any smartphone unless you are interested in downloading and using apps, again, that is just my opinion

0 Likes
ejdaman21345

How much is it a month for an 8GB with unlimited internet and Text and calling? because i want one so bad

considering what you'll be paying per month, $100 dollars is nothing to fork out and get the 4S and i would definitely do that. also, you say you don't text or browse the web often. if you're getting an iphone, you should start to do those more often so you're getting use out of your phone.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

ejdaman21345 wrote:

How much is it a month for an 8GB with unlimited internet and Text and calling? because i want one so bad

you cant get unlimited data

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

ejdaman21345 wrote:

I assume you are either a Sprint customer or you're considering (or wouldn't mind considering) Sprint since they are the only ones that you can get unlimited everything like you say you would want to have. You can't get unlimited data with VZW unless you already have an unlimited data plan since that plan no longer exists. There is unlimited text and calling available.

0 Likes