other than voicemail what should i expect tp lose when converting from a blackberry phone to iPhone 4s
chopper59

What sould i expect to lose other than voicemails when i convert to iPhone 4s from a blackberry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: other than voicemail what should i expect tp lose when converting from a blackberry phone to iPhone 4s
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Other than the voicemails (which you have options to use if you want to save any of those, but they will not be available on your new iPhone. If you can find the "Getting Ready" guide on the site you will see ways to save your messages...I might have the name wrong though) you will lose your text messages...sort of. You can use the BB Desktop manager to back up your BB on the computer BUT you won't have an easily readable copy of those messages. You would need to use some sort of extraction software to get those in a readable format. I can't recommend one because I didn't bother to purchase one...and I can't recall which one I tried with a free trial. For those, you can forward them to email if you would like but the process can be tedious if you have a lot of messages you want to save. Of course, you'd also lose BB Messenger....but you will have Apple's version of a messenger with iMessage. You'd also lose your BB email address (if you ever used it) so if you have messages you would like to keep you will need to forward those to another email address before activating your new iPhone. You will gain a ".me" email address if you choose to create one. Right off hand, those are the only things I can recall from my switch to the iPhone from my BB.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: other than voicemail what should i expect tp lose when converting from a blackberry phone to iPhone 4s
AZSALUKI
Legend

i would assume that your voicemails would be the only thing you actually keep. i think they are stored on the network so if you haven't erased them, then they will still be there when you call to retrieve you vm's. you will likely lose everything else (texts, apps, pics, etc). backup whatever you want to keep.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually activating a iPhone will cause a person to lose their voicemails including those saved on the system.  The Apple voicemail system is handled differently. http://support.verizonwireless.com/how_to_use/iphone_vvm.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

AZSALUKI
Legend

apple!!......i guess i should have know

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Other than the voicemails (which you have options to use if you want to save any of those, but they will not be available on your new iPhone. If you can find the "Getting Ready" guide on the site you will see ways to save your messages...I might have the name wrong though) you will lose your text messages...sort of. You can use the BB Desktop manager to back up your BB on the computer BUT you won't have an easily readable copy of those messages. You would need to use some sort of extraction software to get those in a readable format. I can't recommend one because I didn't bother to purchase one...and I can't recall which one I tried with a free trial. For those, you can forward them to email if you would like but the process can be tedious if you have a lot of messages you want to save. Of course, you'd also lose BB Messenger....but you will have Apple's version of a messenger with iMessage. You'd also lose your BB email address (if you ever used it) so if you have messages you would like to keep you will need to forward those to another email address before activating your new iPhone. You will gain a ".me" email address if you choose to create one. Right off hand, those are the only things I can recall from my switch to the iPhone from my BB.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello chopper59,

If you've already purchased and received your iPhone 4S, congratulations!  You've made a great choice.

I'd also like to thank the other Community members for the feedback & suggestions.

Just as mentioned earlier, you would lose your voicemail messages, so it is suggested to save the messages you're wanting to keep to another storage device.  There are multiple ways to transfer contacts, depending on how your contacts are currently backed up with your current Blackberry.  For example, if you're using the Backup Assistant application, there is an application on the iPhone called "VZ Contact Transfer" that allows you to move your contacts from Backup Assistant to your iPhone.

I'm including a link with more information about activating and transferring information to an iPhone 4S here:

Activating and Setting Up iPhone® 4S and iPhone 4 8GB - Existing Verizon Wireless Customers

I hope we have answered your questions, and have addressed your concerns.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes