phone just shut off
dpearse513
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was working fine I was texting with a friend and I had a message come in, I was in the middle of doing something and came back to read it a minute later and my phone is completely dead. It wont turn on, reset, charge, the computer wont acknowledge it when plugged in, nothing! It wasn't dropped, gotten wet or anything.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: phone just shut off
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried holding the home and power buttons simultaneously to see if that reboots the phone?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Instead of plugging it Via your Computer Try going the AC outlet route and see what that does.. See if starts charging from there..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried holding the home and power buttons simultaneously to see if that reboots the phone?

0 Likes
joycehoy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much!!! It came back on. Do you know why my phone would have done that? That was just wierd.

Thanks again.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've no idea why you were having issues with the phone (gremlins?  ), but I'm glad it's working again. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I think we've all experienced one of those a time or two, I know I've had my share come down the pike with my phones but good instructions on here seems the best cure for any ick spell. And i'll agree glad it working again..

0 Likes
kristikat

Mine just did the same thing.  I tried to center home screen button and shut off/on button and it turned back on too.  WTH...really weird.  What could have caused it?  Could it be some kind of bug..since it is all in a recent time period?  Oh well thanks for the help.

0 Likes