problem with texts
ffemtchk19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the iPhone4. I was texting a few people this morning verizon non-verizon and iPhone non-iPhone users. Has anybody else had a problem with sending texts, calls, and calling out and in to non-iPhone users? All of a sudden my phone just does face-time and sends texts to iPhone users.

Labels (1)
Re: problem with texts
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning ffemtchk19,

Although the iPhone is one of the easiest phone to use on the market, it has it's share of hiccups just like every other phone. May I ask do you use any 3rd party apps for texting or are you using the stock messaging icon? Below, I have posted a few troubleshooting steps for you to try on the device. They are as follows:

• Turn off bluetooth and wifi in the Settings Menu.
  • Erase all long threaded messages from the text message inbox.
  • Verify that Send as SMS is turned on in Settings.
  • Check available device memory.
  • Remove any signatures from the text messages.
  • Uninstall any 3rd party messaging apps from the device.

If you are still having text messaging issue after completing the steps above then here is a link for additional step based on what version of iOS you have on your device.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

Once you have tried the steps above, please retest the text messaging service. If you are still having issues then please reply to this posting with your findings for further assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ltedesco

Good Morning,

I am having similar issues. I have two contacts one Verizon one MetroPCS that can receive my text messages but I don't receive any or all of theirs. I had the one phone (MetroPCS) with me yesterday and sent a message to myself and I did not receive it...however I sent one to their phone and the phone received it within seconds. Occasionally I will get messages from this contact and they will be garbled and filled with symbols. She has no problems texting or receiving messages from anyone else and since I am having the same issue with a Verizon customer (iphone 4) I have to assume its a Verizon issue.The steps i have taken so far.....

1) I contacted Verizon and was advised to do a complete wipe. (did not fix the issue)

2) Restored iphone to new phone (did not fix issue)

3) went to apple store and replaced phone and used icloud to back up phone (did not fix the issue)

I am running out of ideas here it is very fustrating. I can call the contact with no problems but for some reason sms messages are not coming through to my phone.

Any advise you can provide will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Louis

0 Likes
jfinsj

Yes, I too am experiencing this as well.  This started in the last week or so and is also being experienced by my son .  We are texting people within Verizon who receive our message but we are not receiving their replies.  (And these are numbers we have text to for at least a year.)  I have an HTC Droid unit and my son has an Apple iPhone, so my sense is it is the service not the phones.  Has anyone heard of any outages with Verizon recently?

0 Likes
ltedesco

Hi ArnettH,

Just so you know I have tried all of your troubleshooting tests as well.

• Turn off bluetooth and wifi in the Settings Menu.
  • Erase all long threaded messages from the text message inbox.
  • Verify that Send as SMS is turned on in Settings.
  • Check available device memory.
  • Remove any signatures from the text messages.
  • Uninstall any 3rd party messaging apps from the device.

Louis

0 Likes
ltedesco

Just an update.....I had the metropcs contact text several of my friends on various carriers ( sprint, AT&T iPhone users) and all texts went through fine.....the problem seems to be with my number alone. This is frustrating!

Louis

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello ltedesco,

Thank you for your reply! The next step would be to escalate this issue for you! In order to do so, I would need some information from your account. I am following you so you can send me a direct message. When doing so, please provide your full name, mobile number, and a brief summary of the text issue. If possible, please provide the date and time of some examples on when you had the issue. I can lift this to our engineers for investigation.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ltedesco

I messaged you my info.

0 Likes
Fifthturtle48
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are not alone.  I've just randomly started getting this same problem

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 5.1.1.  It has worked perfectly since October 2011 until about 2 weeks ago when I suddenly stopped being able to both SEND and RECEIVE text messages.  When I send a Text Message, I get a "Message Send Failure."  People attempting to send me text messages receive no warning that it did not go through.

iMessages are not affected.  I can send iMessages to other iOS users.

What I have tried to do to fix the problem, but with no luck

1) Disabled iMessages completely in an attempt to avoid the "is the other person an iOS user?" check

2) *228 option 1 (reprogram your phone)

3) *228 option 2 (update your roaming information

4) Cleared all Network Setttings (General/Reset/Reset All Network Settings)

5) Restored phone to from a backup

6) Restored phone to factory default

No luck whatsoever.

This issue roughly corresponds with the activation of my wife's iPhone 4 a few weeks ago.  I would hardly say it is the cause, but the timing is suspicious given the changes to my wireless plan and the activation of a new device.

0 Likes
jyoshi

ArnettH_VZW,

Can you help me too?  My daughters iphone5 has the same problem. she can receive text from me but cannot send text to me or her mom.  We are all on the Verizon network. I on a droid x and mom on an iphone4. she is able to text her frieds with no problems.   read another post that said to try sending a pic message.  oddly that worked when sending to me.  so the problem seems to be isolated to her sending to me or mom text with no pic.

help!

jtyosh

0 Likes