question regarding upgrade to iphone 4?
xlost6
Contributor - Level 1
I will be eligible to upgrade this Sunday and I want to upgrade to the iphone.

1) can I upgrade at an apple store rather than a verizon store?

2) do I need my mother to be with me when I upgrade my line? I'm on s secondary line and my line is eligible. Its currently a smartphone plan too.

3) I would like to activate the phone myself is it possible to tell apple when I'm upgrading at the apple store or verizon store this Sunday?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: question regarding upgrade to iphone 4?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

xlost6 wrote:

1) can I upgrade at an apple store rather than a verizon store? i beleive so

2) do I need my mother to be with me when I upgrade my line? I'm on s secondary line and my line is eligible. Its currently a smartphone plan too. If your not an account manager then someone who is must be with you

3) I would like to activate the phone myself is it possible to tell apple when I'm upgrading at the apple store or verizon store this Sunday? I think you have to do this anyway.  you have to use your itunes

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

xlost6 wrote:

2) do I need my mother to be with me when I upgrade my line? I'm on s secondary line and my line is eligible. Its currently a smartphone plan too. If your not an account manager then someone who is must be with you

3) I would like to activate the phone myself is it possible to tell apple when I'm upgrading at the apple store or verizon store this Sunday? I think you have to do this anyway.  you have to use your itunes

Thanks!

0 Likes
xlost6
Contributor - Level 1
so then I mines well order it off line then. Does verizon still do overnight shipping?
0 Likes
tjmack99
Contributor - Level 1

A co-worker just did this, through the Apple store and she tells me it was overnight shipping.

BTW, the expression is "might as well" not "mines well".....:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

I'm sure you will do this anyway, but just remember to activate it within 30 days of purchase, otherwise you will be charged the full retail price of the iPhone.

0 Likes
xlost6
Contributor - Level 1
Sorry for the spelling. I'm on my BlackBerry Storm2 and the typing is getting to me now and the way it lags a little. So again sorry.

I know to activate it when I get it because if I don't it means I didn't agree with the contract. But I probably will go Monday with my mother to the Apple store to get everything situated.

I've been waiting for this moment to happen. The iPhone on Verizon and it has happened. I'm not to concerned about the next iPhone. I just like the iPhone interface its user friendly.

But thanks everyone for th answers! :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
xlost6
Contributor - Level 1

btw it says that me and my sister are the account managers. so does that mean i can walk into the apple store and renew my contract with the iPhone 4 upgrade?

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

As long as you're account managers, yep!

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

I'm waiting for the iphone 5 in September...

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

mdram4x4 wrote:

xlost6 wrote:

Thanks!

In my experience, that's not exactly true

2. "If your not an account manager then someone who is must be with you"

In my experience (and I have done this twice, both when getting the Eris and getting my iPhone), you can get the upgrade without the account manager available, as long as you are in touch with the account manager (by phone) and you have the last 4 digits of the account manager's SSN

I am a dependant on my mother's account (not an account manager myself), and I have gotten both my Eris and my iPhone without my mother present, they alway say that they are not supposed to, but they always do

3. " I think you have to do this anyway.  you have to use your itunes"

I think by activate, the OP means to transfer the phone number and account to the new phone, not activating it for an iTunes account

0 Likes