question-there is a red dot over the phone icon on my iphone 4
betsyg

Im in australia and at a house w/ wifi-i have enabled wifi and cellular services-yet there is a red dot over the phone icon so I cant make a phone call

help!

thanks

betsy g

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: question-there is a red dot over the phone icon on my iphone 4
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Sounds like you don't have a connection to the cellular network (which is to be expected with a CDMA phone from the US while you are in Australia).  Connection to the cellular network is required in order to make phone calls.

You cannot use a Verizon iPhone 4 to make phone calls while in Australia.  It is not a global-ready phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Sounds like you don't have a connection to the cellular network (which is to be expected with a CDMA phone from the US while you are in Australia).  Connection to the cellular network is required in order to make phone calls.

You cannot use a Verizon iPhone 4 to make phone calls while in Australia.  It is not a global-ready phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Australia sounds amazing betsyg. I know how important it is to ensure you are able to have service while out of the country. If you are unable to make phone calls while in Australia, please contact our Global Support Team at 1-908-559-4899.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes