receiving texts on one line that are meant for another line (same account)
Clarke19

Anyone have this issue?  My daughter recently did the software upgrade.  She is now receiving her older sister's texts, inbound and outbound (we all have iphone 4s).  Although it could be good monitoring (hehe) the younger daughter is fed up receiving all of the inbound and outbound texts meant for her sister's phone.   Seems like the lines are crossed?

Thanks -

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: receiving texts on one line that are meant for another line (same account)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Clarke19 & Community,

We definitely don't want messages going to the wrong person! I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions.

Jimmy and BDA hit the nail on the head! When you share Apple IDs they also tie with your iMessaging.  The best recommendation is to have separate IDs, but you can also turn off iMessage if you aren't worried about the texting.

Keep us updated!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JimmyMace

We are having same issue with our family.  Son (iPhone 4) is getting my daughter's (iPhone4s) texts.  They have updated to iOS6, my wife and I (4s and 4) have not updated and are having no issues.  That makes me think it's something to do with iOS6.  My sister in Minnesota (several states away) is also having the problem, and they updated to iOS6.

We also think it has something to do with having all the devices on one iTunes account and/or on one AppleID. 

There aren't a lot of resources out there for the best way to deal with multiple devices in the same family.  Now I'm hesitant to update.

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

Might search the forums, I saw someone figured out the solution. Has to do with iMessages and using the apple id instead of or in addition to your phone number.

Think it was:

settings>messaging>send and receive and then make sure you are not using your apple id or joint email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Clarke19 & Community,

We definitely don't want messages going to the wrong person! I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions.

Jimmy and BDA hit the nail on the head! When you share Apple IDs they also tie with your iMessaging.  The best recommendation is to have separate IDs, but you can also turn off iMessage if you aren't worried about the texting.

Keep us updated!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW

0 Likes
Clarke19

Thank you - that is it - one sibling 'needed' the other's apple ID for who knows what....thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are quite welcome Clarke19!

Thank you so much for being an asset to our community here! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW

0 Likes