signing off of some apps so it doesn't use data...
Cathybell

I don't ever sign out of facebook and had downloaded pandora radio as well.  Do I have to completely sign out of the app when I close it out in order to not use data when not in wi fi area?  Yesterday when I turned off pandora radio, I just paused a song and went back to home screen and do the same with facebook..so my question is just that...am I wasting data by not completely signing off the app and just going back to home screen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: signing off of some apps so it doesn't use data...
edailey88

I'm not sure if it still uses up data (I would think that it does), but I know it definitely drains your battery faster. I recommend completely closing out of every program when you're done using it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cathybell

Yes, if you pause an application you would still be using data. Facebook uses data to search for status updates and other updates on the application. You can change the refresh interval on the Facebook application to less to save on data usage.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

they "shouldn't" be using data if you aren't actually streaming (pandora). also, when you leave facebook, i don't believe it should be using data. however, if you have notifications enabled on facebook, then you should disable them as that constantly uses data. as jim mentioned, IF an app has an exit or quit option, then you should use it (if not, you can force close apps that use data). i don't believe you have to actually sign out though.

0 Likes