sim card
catfish106

does verizon sell sim card for  the iphone 4s 32 gb

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sim card
pollix11
Contributor - Level 1

Yep, you can order one by dialing *611. You would only need one if you are planning on some global travel though as they are useless for quad band CDMA. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
catfish106

How much do you think it will cost  for a new replacement sim  card and will my local veeizon store carry the card i need  i am planning  going to the verizon store tomorrow. I go to Copenhagen denmark alot my aunt lives there

0 Likes
pollix11
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Catfish!

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, they should have them in stock in most stores and you can just drop in and get one, you should probably call 1-800-922-0204 to make sure that you have the International dialing feature on your phone and get a global value pack added to your account, it's around five bucks and you have to leave it on there for a month but it lets you call and text at regular domestic rates in most places.

You might also consider getting a value global data pack as well, overseas data is high dollar! Even if you do get the value pack, you should disable all of the background data services on your phone and use wi-fi whenever possible or you might get one of those 'heart-attack' bills! I hope this info get to you in time to be of help! CCustomer service will even send you an email with rates and dialing instructions as well as walk you through disabling as much data as you can if you need them to.

Have fun in Denmark!:)

0 Likes
pollix11
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Catfish,

I saw you other post that got locked and wanted to give you a little more information. The Iphone 4s is a global phone. The sim card is what makes it global. Other countries use different types of cell communication infrastructure, so the technology that is built in to your I-Phone won't necessarily work there, unless it has the SIM card, which enables it to communicate with the  cellular network infrastructure of other countries.

I hope that help satiate your curiousity!:)

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi catfish106!

It's nice to be able to visit relatives abroad!  And it's nice to be able to use your iPhone 4S while visiting abroad, as well!

Just as pollix11 mentioned, you can obtain a replacement SIM card to use with your iPhone 4S.  I was wondering, what happened to the SIM card that came with your iPhone 4S?  The SIM you need when traveling to Denmark comes pre-installed in the iPhone 4S.  Was the card lost, damaged or stolen?  We can replace it for you.  I'd also like to include a link from our website that allows you to check international & roaming rates for various countries, and also tells you what's required on your device or plan to use those services.

Trip Planner

Have a great time in Denmark, visiting family!

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
clheaps

Hello,

I am currently traveling abroad and using my iPhone 4S with a local carrier. Unfortunately I will be returning to the US soon and I lost my US SIM Card that came with my iPhone when I purchased it.

Just to double check I have gotten the information correct, when I return to the US I can go into a Verizon store and get a replacement SIM card for my iPhone? Will the replacement SIM cost any money? And can I keep my old cellphone number that I had with the old SIM card?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you have a Verizon Phone an you are a Verizon Customer and in need of a New Sim you can get one Free of Charge it's Best to go into a Verizon Corporate Store when doing this..b33 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card that came with the iPhone 4S is only used for international travel and was a Vodafone SIM card. It isn't needed for service in the USA and the Verizon Wireless network. To reprogram the iPhone 4S to Verizon Wireless network, dial *228, option 1.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes