switching from droid 4 to iphone 4 sim help
twizted_intent
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am trading my droid 4 for an iphone 4. i understand they both require micro sim cards. but  my question is my droid 4 is a 4g lte micro sim and the iphone is a 3g phone. so can i still use my droid 4 sim or do i have to get one for 3g for the iphone? if i have to get a new micro sim how much will it cost? thank you

Labels (1)
Re: switching from droid 4 to iphone 4 sim help
B33
Legend

It won't Cost a Penny are you doing this at a Corporate Verizon store ? I'm not sure what they Give to trade in the Droid 4 they were going to only give me $35.00 for my X so i kept it you might want to with your Droid 4 but if they give you a good deal go for it. Back to the Card i think the card can be Transferred from the Droid to the iPhone but i'm not totally for sure but as i said if it's not they can get you one to go with your new iPhone..b33

0 Likes
twizted_intent
Enthusiast - Level 2

its an even swap from someone wanting my droid 4. i want their iphone. so i didnt know if when we swapped phones if its as easy as swapping the sim cards and done deal

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well ok Cool Aah i would say it would be best to get new cards.!  if you can both go to the Store at the same time an say what your wanting to Do i think they can provide you with a new Card each.. Doesn't hurt to Ask.!  An i feel this might be a very Good friend thing or something like that..That's Cool b33

0 Likes
twizted_intent
Enthusiast - Level 2

one last question. why a new card if im taking mine out of my droid and installing it in the iphone. and they installing theirs in the droid. and is this a better deal for me getting the iphone 4 or them by getting my droid 4? i want to make sure im doing an ok trade and not getting ripped lol

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Do you have both phones to were you can Swamp Cards ?  One thing i want to Know when you make this swamp if that is what your Doing Be very Careful handling the Sim Cards. Why you might ask Sim card are very Sensitive you want to Avoid Bending them an touching then in the Gold area of the Card because they are Sensitive to Static Electricity + the Oils in our Fingers an touching or Rubbing the Surface can cause the Card to Fail or cause the phone to have Issues. So make sure ya handle it by it's Edges..

0 Likes
twizted_intent
Enthusiast - Level 2

no i dont have both right now, just my droid 4. this person and i are meeting at a verizon store tomorrow to inspect before the swap. but if we both like what we see and want to continue with the trade i want to make sure i dont have to buy a new micro sim due to the 3g and 4g differences in the phones. but yes i understand the reasons for handling a sim card properly, thank you for the info though.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Okie Doke Well i hope all goes Well for Ya an i would say if would need a new Card the Highest they would Charge ya Would be a $10 buck Bill but they may as i mentioned might Just say here's a Free one and Enjoy.. Good Luck Tomorrow ( Whoops.!  Later today Been a long Night.. an i Hope the Swap goes Well.. Let me Know.. K.! b33  Smiley Happy  

0 Likes
twizted_intent
Enthusiast - Level 2

im hoping you are correct about the freebie lol. and i appreciate all the help youve given in all the questions ive asked and looking forward to playing with my new toy. i will let you know about the need to change my 4g sim from my droid to a 3g sime to use in the iphone. but i think its a good trade for me even though im losing 4g service. im not even a big web browser anyways

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well i see it like this:  A persons Time is Mostly at Home or at Work an if you have a Router at Both you can Hook up to Wi-Fi an get just as good as you Would From 4G. Were i live here in Kansas we don't have 4G yet even though it's around us but even when we get it Here i still will use my Wi-Fi at Home..b33

0 Likes