swithing service
justwinbaby

I just purchased a used iphone4 and it is
currently hooked up & activated receiving calls and messages on a sprint
plan, and of course I was wanting to know how to disconnect its current running
sprint plan and connect it to my Verizon plan and my current phone number. Thank
you so much for your time :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: swithing service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the phone is a Sprint "branded" iPhone. Which means that it is locked to be used on only the Sprint network. It can't be "unlocked" to be used on the Verizon Wireless network. Sorry.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the phone is a Sprint "branded" iPhone. Which means that it is locked to be used on only the Sprint network. It can't be "unlocked" to be used on the Verizon Wireless network. Sorry.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As mentioned, you won't be able to activate a Sprint iPhone on the Verizon network. If the person that you bought it from is willing to accept a return you might want to do that or you can resell it. In the future (unless things change) you will need to make sure that any iPhone or other device that you are wanting to activate on the VZW network is a VZW device or you will have the same issue.

0 Likes