text message colors?
starwood2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I upgraded to ios6 my text messages stay green even if I'm texting someone with an iphone.  How do I fix this?  Do I need to do a system reset?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text message colors?
starwood2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you

I finally figured out that imessages has to be activated AND MMS needs to be on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What color are you expecting them to be? Did you turn imessage on or off? Maybe they haven't turned imessage on in their phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
starwood2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

It should be blue when I text someone with an iphone and green for others.  They are all green now.  Imessage is off.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they are supposed to be blue with imessage turned on then maybe you should turn it back ON.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
starwood2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it is supposed to be blue with imessages off.  You are not being helpful you are being very condescending.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

My guess is that the iMessage system is down.  Apple has said this would happen occasionally and probably overloaded with all the new phones/accounts being added.

0 Likes
starwood2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you

I finally figured out that imessages has to be activated AND MMS needs to be on.

0 Likes