text message -landline
KimberlyC

I just received a message saying a number ive always text to is a landline now I have a Iphone 4

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text message -landline
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe the owner of that phone number changed their number or ported it to a landline.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KimberlyC

Thanks but its been working texting for months now it gives me this message!  I would like to find out why it started.  the person i was texting has no idea why it changed..  Nothing changed on their end...

Thanks for trying to help

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are sending it to the full ten digit phone number?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon KimberlyC.

I'm sorry you're getting a notification that a number you're texting is now a landline. I'm sure this is very confusing. Let's see what's going on. Do you know if the number is maybe forwarded to a landline? Or possibly changed to a landline and now fowarded to a cell? If forwarded to a cell, as of recently, this would be why you're getting error. Please ask the other phone holder to deactivate Call Forwarding by dialing *73 [send]. They will hear a confirmation tone, and then the call will end. Please keep us posted and let us know if the issue has been fixed.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes