text not working after update
Jenny2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated my phone now I can not text I have reset my network connection and it is still not working. What can I do to fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: text not working after update
RachLyndsey

I am having the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jenny2009,

This is very strange! Reprogram your phone with the network and test: Call *228, select option 1, power off/on at end of call. Is this issues affecting only text messages? Are your iMessages sending/receiving normally? Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RachLyndsey, let's stop the spread of this text messaging epidemic. Try deleting all unwanted text messaging conversations, update the network on your device http://vz.to/15q7AmP and power it off/on to soft reset it. I trust that these steps will resolve your text messaging issue. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chica734

me too!!!! i can not send or receive any text messages ... calls and data are fine

0 Likes
Osandnattybohs

Yea mine are funky too. I can send texts and people will receive them but the only incoming ones i can recieve are people who also have iphones...everyone else i get nothing. I've soft restarted my phone and I've done a complete reset and still no texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get you enjoying your awesome update and text messages again, chica734. What happens when you try to send a text? Do people get an error trying to send to you? Try creating a brand new text message and typing the 10-digit number in that you're sending to and let me know if that sends successfully. Also, go to Settings>Messages>Blocked and make sure the people you're trying to send/receive with are not listed there. If they are, simply tap the name then select Remove.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rascalflattsB08

I have also been having a similar problem. I have always had iMessage off, and I cannot get messages from certain people. I get texts just fine from people who are not iPhone users, and even some who are. But then there are other iPhone users who I do not receive messages from. If I turn on iMessage I can get them (as far as I know) but why can I not get them when I have iMessage off? I stopped into a local store last week and they reset my network and that did not help. The only thing that has seemed to help is having iMessage on, but I would prefer that not be the answer, I shouldn't need to have it on all of the time. I have turned on/off my phone multiple times that has not helped either.

0 Likes
Blueridge-girl

I just downloaded the upgrade last week and I hate it.  I hate that it changed the keyboard style for the log-on screen; changed all my icons to cartoon-ie looking icons; changed the way the text message and phone contact pages look (disorganized and boring looking); seems to be slower to respond to touch commands; and just today, started having issues with texting.  My husband did a little research and found where if you go into settings, then "about" and where it says Joe's iphone, or whatever your name is....take out the apostrophe and then reboot the phone.  That seemed to have fixed my texting issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that your messages are working the way they should. It sounds like you've done the required troubleshooting. Apple is currently working on the SMS/iMessage issue with iOS7. We don't have a date yet on when the new software will be pushed.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes