Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
texting
zheron54

my iphone will only send texts to other iphones... it wont send texts to anyone else. help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: texting
soupcannon

Sounds like a programming issue call *228 option 1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Soupcannon, thank you for taking the time to help out our fellow community members. I appreciate your help!

@zheron54,

I apologize for the delay in our response. I use text messaging to stay connected with family and friends so I understand the importance of having this service functioning properly at all times. But no need to worry because I’m here to help!

Are you still unable to send text to non iPhone users? Have you checked to make sure you are using the standard text messaging and not iMessage? Visit http://bit.ly/uSzAvl for steps on how to enable and disable iMessage. 

Disable iMessage and post back if you are still unable to send text messages after disabling iMessage.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Conniemom

I am having the same problem.  I got my phone last week, have been unable to text anyone except contacts that have iPhones.  I shut iMessage off, made sure my contacts had mobile phones instead of iPhones listed as their device, and tried a couple of other fixes I found on discussion forums.  I am ready to return this phone to the store.

0 Likes
pandamonium79

SAME ISSUE!!!!! but only when i leave my home town. this has happened a total of 16 days where i cnn't receive texts OR CALLS from anyone when i leave my home town. i have had my complaint reviewd on "tickets" but they claim the tickets have been closed and the issue is resolved, but it isn't!!

0 Likes
pandamonium79

i have done everything: reset networks, reprogram *228 etc, imessage activate (which gets stuck in a loop, waiting for activation) BOUGHT A NEW PHONE and still NOTHING! they keep trouble shooting me the same tests. no one will listen to me!

0 Likes